New English File/ Beginner.
This series with all of it’s resource materials is the best out there as far as I (with my 17 years of English teaching experience) can see. It is well-designed and you can just feel that it’s been thoroughly tested in action. The speed of the course is just fine as long as the students had the appropriate level to begin with (not too low). The workbook is excellent homework material for students. If the students have the appropriate level, if they study and actually attend your classes and if they are punctual, they can keep up with the classes just fine. As always the onus is on the students to actually do their homework.
The down side to this workbook plus “MultiRom” is that when you receive it, you may not actually know how to make it work. It’s supposed to work in your CD player as a CD and in your computer as a PC-program, but mine didn’t in both Windows Vista and XP and I’m an advanced user. If you have a problem and you need assistance from their technical support department, good luck. I’ve called every support number available and every single one of them passed the buck through to some answering machine. Their post-purchase service is hell.
Student’s Book, Class Audio CDs.
* 100% new.
* Motivating, real-world material.
* Grammar Bank with rules and exercises.
* Illustrated Vocabulary Bank and Sound Bank.
* Practical English with authentic interviews.
* The perfect balance of grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation, and skills to get the students speaking English with confidence.
* Shorter syllabus for Beginner-level students.
* Three CDs of class listening material.
* Student’s Book: Student’s book for beginner
* CD1: Audio CD
* CD2: Audio CD
* CD3: Audio CD
* Teacher’s book
The password of the teacher’s book is: englishtips.org
* Workbook with audio CD